'Bachelorette' gives final rose: Ben or JP?
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was the moment "The Bachelorette" fans were waiting for. Ashley Hebert gave out her final rose.
Hebert spent the past few months searching for love with 25 bachelors on Season 7, and she narrowed it down to two men: J.P. Rosenbaum, a 34-year-old construction manager from New York City, and Ben Flajnik, a 28-year-old winemaker from California.
In the end, Hebert offered her final rose to Rosenbaum, who had proposed with a Neil Lane engagement ring. The two sealed the engagement with a kiss, on a beach in picturesque Fiji.
During the episode, both Rosenbaum and Flajnik met Hebert's family.
The drama started when Hebert's sister, Chrystie, told Hebert she didn't see Rosenbaum as a good fit. The two sisters argued and Rosenbaum was given a laundry list of reasons why Chrystie thought he wasn't right for Hebert.
When Flajnik met the family the following day, tension was still in the air but he won over Chrystie with his charm. For their final date Flajnik and Hebert took a romantic helicopter ride over Fiji.
Hebert, a 27-year-old dental student from Maine, placed third on the 15th season of the ABC dating show "The Bachelor" and was brought back to the reality world to become the seventh season bachelorette.
abc, television, entertainment
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 18 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 44 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 9 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...