Aretha Franklin serenades her way out of parking ticket
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Aretha Franklin put her powerful voice to use this week to get out of a traffic ticket.
The Queen of Soul was having dinner at a New York City restaurant when she saw a meter maid getting ready to ticket her car.
She hurried out and was able to convince the officer not to ticket the car in exchange for a serenade.
Franklin also autographed an envelope for the officer.
celebrity, music news, new york, entertainment
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified 42 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians