Aretha Franklin serenades her way out of parking ticket
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Aretha Franklin put her powerful voice to use this week to get out of a traffic ticket.
The Queen of Soul was having dinner at a New York City restaurant when she saw a meter maid getting ready to ticket her car.
She hurried out and was able to convince the officer not to ticket the car in exchange for a serenade.
Franklin also autographed an envelope for the officer.
celebrity, music news, new york, entertainment
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 47 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 52 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler