Danny DeVito gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Danny DeVito received the 2,445th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
The actor, director, producer and writer for film, TV and the theater received his star in the category of television. He was accompanied at the ceremony by wife and actress Rhea Pearlman and their three children.
"I love Hollywood. I love the whole idea of being part of the community, making movies, I've always desired to be here and this really cements me right to the sidewalk," said DeVito.
DeVito's film credits include "Batman Returns" as the Penguin; "Romancing the Stone;" its sequel "The Jewel of the Nile;" and "The War of the Roses" with his longtime friend Michael Douglas; "Twins" and "Junior" opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger; "Terms of Endearment"; "Ruthless People"; "Tin Men"; "Hoffa"; and "Matilda."
He has also directed "Throw Momma from the Train"; "The War of the Roses"; "Hoffa"; "Matilda"; "Death to Smoochy"; and "Duplex," and his producing credits include "Erin Brockovich"; "Pulp Fiction"; "Get Shorty"; "Man on the Moon"; "Gattaca" and "Garden State."
City News Service contributed to this report.
hollywood, celebrity, television, movie news, theater news, entertainment
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 10 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video