Danny DeVito gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Danny DeVito received the 2,445th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
The actor, director, producer and writer for film, TV and the theater received his star in the category of television. He was accompanied at the ceremony by wife and actress Rhea Pearlman and their three children.
"I love Hollywood. I love the whole idea of being part of the community, making movies, I've always desired to be here and this really cements me right to the sidewalk," said DeVito.
DeVito's film credits include "Batman Returns" as the Penguin; "Romancing the Stone;" its sequel "The Jewel of the Nile;" and "The War of the Roses" with his longtime friend Michael Douglas; "Twins" and "Junior" opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger; "Terms of Endearment"; "Ruthless People"; "Tin Men"; "Hoffa"; and "Matilda."
He has also directed "Throw Momma from the Train"; "The War of the Roses"; "Hoffa"; "Matilda"; "Death to Smoochy"; and "Duplex," and his producing credits include "Erin Brockovich"; "Pulp Fiction"; "Get Shorty"; "Man on the Moon"; "Gattaca" and "Garden State."
City News Service contributed to this report.
hollywood, celebrity, television, movie news, theater news, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour