Daryl Hannah arrested in White House oil protest
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Actress Daryl Hannah and a group of environmental protesters were arrested on Tuesday outside the White House.
The group opposes the Keystone XL pipeline, a planned oil pipeline from Canada to the U.S. Gulf Coast. It would go through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas to refineries in Texas.
The protesters are calling for clean energy investments instead.
Hannah sat down on the sidewalk near the White House and refused orders from U.S. Park Police to move.
She has been arrested in the past for environmental causes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, washington d.c., entertainment
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 22 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 22 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry