Daryl Hannah arrested in White House oil protest
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Actress Daryl Hannah and a group of environmental protesters were arrested on Tuesday outside the White House.
The group opposes the Keystone XL pipeline, a planned oil pipeline from Canada to the U.S. Gulf Coast. It would go through Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas to refineries in Texas.
The protesters are calling for clean energy investments instead.
Hannah sat down on the sidewalk near the White House and refused orders from U.S. Park Police to move.
She has been arrested in the past for environmental causes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, washington d.c., entertainment
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son