Home owned by Jack Nicholson up in flames
HOLLYWOOD HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Oscar winner's Hollywood Hills home went up in flames Friday night.
Property records show that the house, located in the 7300 block of Woodrow Wilson Drive, is owned by actor Jack Nicholson.
Nicholson hasn't lived in the house since 1975 and has been renting out the property.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. About 85 firefighters from the L.A. City Fire Department were called to the scene. They had the flames under control by around 9:30 p.m.
The house is completely gutted, but according to officials it could have been much worse due to the narrow streets and the homes being close together.
Luckily the fire did not spread. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and were taken to a local hospital for observation.
Firefighters say the person who lives in the home believes chemicals in the garage may have started the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Authorities say it appears to be accidental.
hollywood, fire, celebrity, entertainment, leslie miller
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 21 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10