Home owned by Jack Nicholson up in flames
HOLLYWOOD HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Oscar winner's Hollywood Hills home went up in flames Friday night.
Property records show that the house, located in the 7300 block of Woodrow Wilson Drive, is owned by actor Jack Nicholson.
Nicholson hasn't lived in the house since 1975 and has been renting out the property.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. About 85 firefighters from the L.A. City Fire Department were called to the scene. They had the flames under control by around 9:30 p.m.
The house is completely gutted, but according to officials it could have been much worse due to the narrow streets and the homes being close together.
Luckily the fire did not spread. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and were taken to a local hospital for observation.
Firefighters say the person who lives in the home believes chemicals in the garage may have started the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Authorities say it appears to be accidental.
hollywood, fire, celebrity, entertainment, leslie miller
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2