Home owned by Jack Nicholson up in flames
HOLLYWOOD HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Oscar winner's Hollywood Hills home went up in flames Friday night.
Property records show that the house, located in the 7300 block of Woodrow Wilson Drive, is owned by actor Jack Nicholson.
Nicholson hasn't lived in the house since 1975 and has been renting out the property.
The fire broke out around 8 p.m. About 85 firefighters from the L.A. City Fire Department were called to the scene. They had the flames under control by around 9:30 p.m.
The house is completely gutted, but according to officials it could have been much worse due to the narrow streets and the homes being close together.
Luckily the fire did not spread. Two firefighters suffered heat exhaustion and were taken to a local hospital for observation.
Firefighters say the person who lives in the home believes chemicals in the garage may have started the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Authorities say it appears to be accidental.
hollywood, fire, celebrity, entertainment, leslie miller
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 55 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 4 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 6 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 25 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...