Sarah Jessica Parker says 'I Don't Know How She Does It' is every modern woman's story
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sarah Jessica Parker brings a best-selling novel to the big screen this weekend in the move, "I Don't Know How She Does It."
"I Don't Know How She Does It" addresses the issue many women face today: how do you manage a fulfilling home and career? It's a balancing act Parker is all too familiar with.
"This is millions and millions and millions of women's stories right now and it's the story of our time," Parker said. "It's the ridiculousness of it and the humor, and also the stuff that breaks your heart. It's life. It's our lives today."
Parker had excellent training for both her on-screen and real-life roles of being a mother. She just had to look at her own childhood and marvel at how her own mother did it all.
"I have three children myself but my mother had eight children," Parker said. "She had no help, no support, and I cannot believe and I do not know how she did it and if I ask her she's very modest, she'll say, 'Oh, I just screamed all day long.'"
The key to success she says is to go with the flow.
"What mother doesn't leave the house covered in food and many other things -- you know, stickers and jewelry that's meant for a 2 year old," Parker said. "I left the house in my house slippers one day."
"I Don't Know How She Does It" also stars Pierce Brosnan, Greg Kinnear and Kelsey Grammer.
It's rated PG-13 and opens in theaters Friday, Sept. 16.
movie news, entertainment, michelle tuzee
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 6 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 4 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 48 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video