Duchess of Cambridge starts royal boot camp
LONDON (KABC) -- Newly-minted royal Kate Middleton, now Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is set to begin royal boot camp.
It has been confirmed by representatives for the British royal family that Catherine will get formal royal training.
In essence, she will learn how to act like a princess and get up to speed on everything from politics to pop culture.
The duchess will also get information on various charitable duties. The Sunday Times said the 29-year-old princess has begun making under-the-radar trips to various unnamed U.K. institutions.
Running or founding charities has long been a favored pastime for Britain's royals. Prince Charles, Kate's father-in-law, is the patron or president of no fewer than 20.
On a recent visit to California, both William and Kate visited an arts center in Skid Row, where some 4,000 homeless people live in downtown Los Angeles.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kate middleton, entertainment
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 46 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 21 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead 29 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 14 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 15 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 12 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months