Cirque du Soleil 'Iris' opens at Kodak Theatre
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was a star studded night at the premier of the new Cirque du Soleil show, "Iris."
The brand new show opened at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood Sunday night.
Many of area's brightest stars said they're fans of Cirque shows, and they're excited to have one right here in Los Angeles with its own unique touch.
"To have it here in our town where we can bring our kids back repeatedly, instead of having to take them to Vegas to see the shows there, that's a big treat for this city," said film director James Cameron.
"I've worked almost three years on it," said composer Danny Elfman. "It's unlike anything I ever worked on, and I feel like it's unlike any Cirque show I've ever seen."
The $120 million production, which is scheduled to run for 10 years at the Kodak Theatre, takes a unique look at the history of cinema.
hollywood, historic landmark, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 30 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD 49 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago