Russell Brand pranks followers on Twitter
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- British entertainer Russell Brand played a prank on his fans over the weekend.
He was supposed to perform in Canada, but said he couldn't make it because he wasn't allowed in the country.
Hours before the show was supposed to start, he posted on Twitter: "I'm sorry. I can't enter Canada. We must abolish the borders between our nations and our minds."
But according to the Hollywood Reporter, it turns out Brand's plane never left Los Angeles because of mechanical problems.
It wouldn't have been the first time Brand is not let into a country. He was deported from Japan back in May because of previous criminal offenses.
celebrity, twitter, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 1 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
3 min ago