Angelina Jolie negotiates for promotion at UN agency
GENEVA (KABC) -- Actress Angelina Jolie is trying to negotiate a promotion at a United Nations refugee agency where she currently serves as a goodwill ambassador.
Jolie said they are still working out the details for her new role, which may include special envoy on the refugee crisis affecting Afghans fleeing for Pakistan and Iran.
"We are looking at a few countries in the world," Jolie asid. "We're hoping to discuss it in the next few weeks but we want to research it properly."
Jolie has visited dozens of countries during her 10 years as a goodwill ambassador. She described her work with the U.N. as "moving, sometimes heartbreaking, but always rewarding and unforgettable."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)