Angelina Jolie negotiates for promotion at UN agency
GENEVA (KABC) -- Actress Angelina Jolie is trying to negotiate a promotion at a United Nations refugee agency where she currently serves as a goodwill ambassador.
Jolie said they are still working out the details for her new role, which may include special envoy on the refugee crisis affecting Afghans fleeing for Pakistan and Iran.
"We are looking at a few countries in the world," Jolie asid. "We're hoping to discuss it in the next few weeks but we want to research it properly."
Jolie has visited dozens of countries during her 10 years as a goodwill ambassador. She described her work with the U.N. as "moving, sometimes heartbreaking, but always rewarding and unforgettable."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 15 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 32 min ago
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report