Taylor Swift named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Taylor Swift has been named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
Swift, 21, is the youngest to receive the honor. The award has gone to singers such as Beyonce, Reba McEntire and Fergie.
She will get the award in New York at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music event on Dec. 2.
Swift's "Speak Now" album has sold over 3.6 million copies since its release last fall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 21 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 43 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10