Taylor Swift named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Taylor Swift has been named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
Swift, 21, is the youngest to receive the honor. The award has gone to singers such as Beyonce, Reba McEntire and Fergie.
She will get the award in New York at the 2011 Billboard Women in Music event on Dec. 2.
Swift's "Speak Now" album has sold over 3.6 million copies since its release last fall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 29 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 26 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'