Chaz Bono honored at '11 GLSEN Respect Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" contestant Chaz Bono received a big honor at the 2011 Respect Awards.
Bono, a human rights advocate and author, received the Hero's Award presented by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network in Beverly Hills Friday night.
The "Dancing With The Stars" cast was there to support him.
Rob Reiner was also honored, as GLSEN recognized those who champion diversity, inclusion and education.
ABC7 and our president and general manager Arnold Kleiner were proud sponsors of the event.
celebrity, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 34 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report