Chaz Bono honored at '11 GLSEN Respect Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" contestant Chaz Bono received a big honor at the 2011 Respect Awards.
Bono, a human rights advocate and author, received the Hero's Award presented by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network in Beverly Hills Friday night.
The "Dancing With The Stars" cast was there to support him.
Rob Reiner was also honored, as GLSEN recognized those who champion diversity, inclusion and education.
ABC7 and our president and general manager Arnold Kleiner were proud sponsors of the event.
celebrity, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 49 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video