Chaz Bono honored at '11 GLSEN Respect Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" contestant Chaz Bono received a big honor at the 2011 Respect Awards.
Bono, a human rights advocate and author, received the Hero's Award presented by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network in Beverly Hills Friday night.
The "Dancing With The Stars" cast was there to support him.
Rob Reiner was also honored, as GLSEN recognized those who champion diversity, inclusion and education.
ABC7 and our president and general manager Arnold Kleiner were proud sponsors of the event.
celebrity, dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 31 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 59 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 24 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
8 min ago