Hollywood Bowl ticket prices going up for 2012 season
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl are getting more expensive.
The Los Angeles Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a ticket price increase for the 2012 season. The price hike ranges on average from $1 to $6 per seat, depending on your section.
The bigger increases typically apply to box seats that already sell for in excess of $100. Even after the increase, more than 40 percent of tickets will sell for $28 or less.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, which leases the Bowl from the county, said it needs the extra cash to cover the expenses of producing and marketing shows, including artists' fees. The increases are expected to generate an additional $22,000 for the Bowl.
The cost of parking will not change.
hollywood bowl, hollywood, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 42 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 59 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants