Hollywood Bowl ticket prices going up for 2012 season
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Concerts at the Hollywood Bowl are getting more expensive.
The Los Angeles Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a ticket price increase for the 2012 season. The price hike ranges on average from $1 to $6 per seat, depending on your section.
The bigger increases typically apply to box seats that already sell for in excess of $100. Even after the increase, more than 40 percent of tickets will sell for $28 or less.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, which leases the Bowl from the county, said it needs the extra cash to cover the expenses of producing and marketing shows, including artists' fees. The increases are expected to generate an additional $22,000 for the Bowl.
The cost of parking will not change.
hollywood bowl, hollywood, entertainment
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 20 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate 59 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago