'Bling Ring' burglar sentenced to 4 years in prison
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One of the alleged masterminds behind the "Bling Ring" robberies was senteced to four years in state prison Tuesday for burglarizing the home of Audrina Patridge in 2009.
Rache Lee, 21, was charged with taking more than $25,000 worth of items from Patridge's home, including jewelry, designer luggage, clothing and shoes. Lee pleaded no contest last month.
Other charges against Lee were dismissed, according to Deputy District Attorney Chris Baker, including one felony count of conspiracy to commit burglary and two counts of receiving stolen property.
The remaining four defendants have pleaded not guilty to charges that they obtained more than $3 million in jewelry, designer clothes, and accessories from the homes of Patridge, Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton, Brian Austin-Green and Megan Fox between August 2008 and September 2009. They are expected to return to court Nov. 18 for motions and pretrial.
celebrity, sentencing, entertainment
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 41 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 3 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video