'Bling Ring' burglar sentenced to 4 years in prison
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- One of the alleged masterminds behind the "Bling Ring" robberies was senteced to four years in state prison Tuesday for burglarizing the home of Audrina Patridge in 2009.
Rache Lee, 21, was charged with taking more than $25,000 worth of items from Patridge's home, including jewelry, designer luggage, clothing and shoes. Lee pleaded no contest last month.
Other charges against Lee were dismissed, according to Deputy District Attorney Chris Baker, including one felony count of conspiracy to commit burglary and two counts of receiving stolen property.
The remaining four defendants have pleaded not guilty to charges that they obtained more than $3 million in jewelry, designer clothes, and accessories from the homes of Patridge, Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton, Brian Austin-Green and Megan Fox between August 2008 and September 2009. They are expected to return to court Nov. 18 for motions and pretrial.
celebrity, sentencing, entertainment
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 2 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 3 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 15 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
26 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
25 min ago