Kim Kardashian speaks out on TV about divorce
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kim Kardashian is speaking out on television for the first time after filing for divorce just weeks after her wedding.
Kardashian, 31, and NBA star Kris Humphries, 26, wed before some 500 guests on Aug. 20 at a $20-million estate in Montecito, Calif., near Santa Barbara.
In an interview with an Australian TV show, the reality star defended her reasons for getting married.
"I married for love. Anyone who would get married for a TV show, it's just ridiculous. It's just sad that I even have to defend that. I guess that's the kind of scrutiny you get when you live your life on a reality show," Kardashian said.
The "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star said as far as the wedding presents go, she has donated an equivalent amount of money to a non-profit organization.
Tuesday, Kardashian addressed her fans on her official website.
"This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write," Kardashian began the post. She added, "First and foremost, I married for love. I can't believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show!"
"I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon," Kardashian admitted. "I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have."
Kardashian also said she "got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people."
The reality star filed for divorce Oct. 31, citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split.
This was Kardashian's second marriage. She and Humphries have no children. Humphries last played as a forward for the New Jersey Nets.
celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 6 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14