Adele expected to make full recovery from throat surgery
BOSTON (KABC) -- British soul singer Adele is expected to make a full recovery after undergoing throat surgery in Massachusetts.
The 23-year-old is recovering at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and doctors say the surgery went well.
The operation was needed to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
Her throat problems have already caused her to cancel two different tours.
Doctors ordered the "Rolling in the Deep" singer to stop singing for the rest of the year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot may exceed $400 million
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 44 min ago
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case 52 min ago
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
48 min ago