Adele expected to make full recovery from throat surgery
BOSTON (KABC) -- British soul singer Adele is expected to make a full recovery after undergoing throat surgery in Massachusetts.
The 23-year-old is recovering at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and doctors say the surgery went well.
The operation was needed to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
Her throat problems have already caused her to cancel two different tours.
Doctors ordered the "Rolling in the Deep" singer to stop singing for the rest of the year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter