Kylie Minogue inducted into Aria Hall of Fame
SYDNEY, Australia (KABC) -- Kylie Minogue was inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame at the Aria Awards in Sydney, Australia on Sunday.
The 43-year-old pop star got emotional after accepting the honor from Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
"I'm a very proud Australian," said Minogue. "I'm always bragging about our country wherever I am in the world and tonight's award means so much to me. And I just want to let all of you know and everyone at home that Australia I love you and I thank you very much."
Also honored was singer Pink; Australians voted her the most popular international artist. Pink was unable to attend, but she sent a video thanking her fans.
celebrity, cancer, entertainment
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
13 min ago