Kylie Minogue inducted into Aria Hall of Fame
SYDNEY, Australia (KABC) -- Kylie Minogue was inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame at the Aria Awards in Sydney, Australia on Sunday.
The 43-year-old pop star got emotional after accepting the honor from Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
"I'm a very proud Australian," said Minogue. "I'm always bragging about our country wherever I am in the world and tonight's award means so much to me. And I just want to let all of you know and everyone at home that Australia I love you and I thank you very much."
Also honored was singer Pink; Australians voted her the most popular international artist. Pink was unable to attend, but she sent a video thanking her fans.
celebrity, cancer, entertainment
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 48 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 49 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 4 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 26 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'