Jude Law, Kevin Spacey vie for Whatsonstage awards
LONDON (KABC) -- Actors Jude Law, James Earl Jones and Kevin Spacey are competing against each other at the Whatsonstage awards.
Jones is nominated for "Driving Miss Daisy," Law for "Anna Christie" and Spacey for "Richard III," alongside Benedict Cumberbatch for "Frankenstein," James Corden for "One Man, Two Guvnors" and David Tennant for "Much Ado About Nothing."
The prizes are decided by public vote.
The best actress nominees include Vanessa Redgrave for "Driving Miss Daisy" and Kristin Scott Thomas for "Betrayal."
In the musical categories, there are multiple nominations for the movie-inspired romance "Ghost" and Roald Dahl-based "Matilda."
Winners are set to be announced Feb. 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
award shows, celebrity, theater news, entertainment
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)