Jude Law, Kevin Spacey vie for Whatsonstage awards
LONDON (KABC) -- Actors Jude Law, James Earl Jones and Kevin Spacey are competing against each other at the Whatsonstage awards.
Jones is nominated for "Driving Miss Daisy," Law for "Anna Christie" and Spacey for "Richard III," alongside Benedict Cumberbatch for "Frankenstein," James Corden for "One Man, Two Guvnors" and David Tennant for "Much Ado About Nothing."
The prizes are decided by public vote.
The best actress nominees include Vanessa Redgrave for "Driving Miss Daisy" and Kristin Scott Thomas for "Betrayal."
In the musical categories, there are multiple nominations for the movie-inspired romance "Ghost" and Roald Dahl-based "Matilda."
Winners are set to be announced Feb. 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
award shows, celebrity, theater news, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 26 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 21 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete 56 min ago
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago