Madonna to perform at halftime of Super Bowl
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Super Bowl halftime show always attracts the biggest names in music, and this year is no exception. Madonna will be taking the stage on football's biggest night.
Madonna is collaborating with a team from Cirque du Soleil for Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis at the Lucas Oil Stadium on Feb. 5.
With more than 162 million viewers, the Super Bowl halftime show is the most watched musical event of the year.
Madonna, who has sold more than 300 million records, has a new film, "W.E.," out that she directed, wrote and produced. It opens nationally two days before the Super Bowl.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 10 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 11 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 13 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 21 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 6 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 8 min ago