Mindy McCready claims son was abused by grandma
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Singer Mindy McCready says her mom considers herself a religious prophet sent from God.
In a revealing "20/20" interview, McCready discussed some of the reasons she took her 5-year-old son, Zander, from her mother, who is the boy's legal guardian.
The two are now locked in a custody battle over the child.
McCready claims her mother physically and emotionally abused Zander and also exposed him to a bizarre religion.
"My mother, you know, believes that she is a prophet sent from God. They see dead people in their home all the time, or spirits, demons, ghosts," said McCready. "They were encouraging my son to go around with them to churches and stand up on stage and, you know, scream gibberish."
McCready's mother denies the allegations about religion and says she never abused her grandson.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 57 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 27 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future