Mindy McCready claims son was abused by grandma
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Singer Mindy McCready says her mom considers herself a religious prophet sent from God.
In a revealing "20/20" interview, McCready discussed some of the reasons she took her 5-year-old son, Zander, from her mother, who is the boy's legal guardian.
The two are now locked in a custody battle over the child.
McCready claims her mother physically and emotionally abused Zander and also exposed him to a bizarre religion.
"My mother, you know, believes that she is a prophet sent from God. They see dead people in their home all the time, or spirits, demons, ghosts," said McCready. "They were encouraging my son to go around with them to churches and stand up on stage and, you know, scream gibberish."
McCready's mother denies the allegations about religion and says she never abused her grandson.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 24 min ago
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation 43 min ago
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 27 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report