Adele named Billboard's top artist of 2011
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After dominating the music scene this year, Billboard has named singer Adele the No. 1 artist of 2011.
Adele's album "21" was the best-selling of the year with 4.8 million sold. Following "21" on the list: Swift's "Speak Now," Gaga's "Born This Way," Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" and Susan Boyle's "The Gift."
Adele also had the most popular song with "Rolling in the Deep." LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock was No. 2, Perry's "Firework" was No. 3, her "E.T." with Kanye West was No. 4 and Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer was No. 5.
Adele was the top female artist. Lil Wayne was the top male.
The British soul singer also had iTunes' best-selling album and song, and she was named its top artist.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 37 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive 9 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 26 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 55 min ago