Adele named Billboard's top artist of 2011
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After dominating the music scene this year, Billboard has named singer Adele the No. 1 artist of 2011.
Adele's album "21" was the best-selling of the year with 4.8 million sold. Following "21" on the list: Swift's "Speak Now," Gaga's "Born This Way," Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" and Susan Boyle's "The Gift."
Adele also had the most popular song with "Rolling in the Deep." LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock was No. 2, Perry's "Firework" was No. 3, her "E.T." with Kanye West was No. 4 and Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer was No. 5.
Adele was the top female artist. Lil Wayne was the top male.
The British soul singer also had iTunes' best-selling album and song, and she was named its top artist.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 57 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks