Adele named Billboard's top artist of 2011
NEW YORK (KABC) -- After dominating the music scene this year, Billboard has named singer Adele the No. 1 artist of 2011.
Adele's album "21" was the best-selling of the year with 4.8 million sold. Following "21" on the list: Swift's "Speak Now," Gaga's "Born This Way," Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" and Susan Boyle's "The Gift."
Adele also had the most popular song with "Rolling in the Deep." LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock was No. 2, Perry's "Firework" was No. 3, her "E.T." with Kanye West was No. 4 and Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer was No. 5.
Adele was the top female artist. Lil Wayne was the top male.
The British soul singer also had iTunes' best-selling album and song, and she was named its top artist.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
music news, celebrity, entertainment
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 21 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 32 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 31 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 25 min ago
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah MacKay
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler