'J. Edgar,' 'Bridesmaids' named top movies of year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "J. Edgar," "The Descendants" and "Bridesmaids" were named in the American Film Institute's list of movies of the year.
Also among the qualified feature films chosen for the annual awards were "The Help," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Hugo," "Midnight in Paris," "Moneyball," "The Tree of Life" and "War Horse."
Trophies will be presented to winners on Jan. 13 at a luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The silent film "The Artist" and the "Harry Potter" series will receive special awards given to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria.
City News Service contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 54 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 43 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts