'J. Edgar,' 'Bridesmaids' named top movies of year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "J. Edgar," "The Descendants" and "Bridesmaids" were named in the American Film Institute's list of movies of the year.
Also among the qualified feature films chosen for the annual awards were "The Help," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Hugo," "Midnight in Paris," "Moneyball," "The Tree of Life" and "War Horse."
Trophies will be presented to winners on Jan. 13 at a luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The silent film "The Artist" and the "Harry Potter" series will receive special awards given to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria.
City News Service contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 19 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour 57 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 3 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 42 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer 15 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Pet of the Week: Female Corgi mix named Brie
55 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago