'J. Edgar,' 'Bridesmaids' named top movies of year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "J. Edgar," "The Descendants" and "Bridesmaids" were named in the American Film Institute's list of movies of the year.
Also among the qualified feature films chosen for the annual awards were "The Help," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Hugo," "Midnight in Paris," "Moneyball," "The Tree of Life" and "War Horse."
Trophies will be presented to winners on Jan. 13 at a luncheon at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The silent film "The Artist" and the "Harry Potter" series will receive special awards given to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria.
City News Service contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Malaysian: Investigators conclude flight hijacked 7 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity 16 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
17 min ago
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
38 min ago