'Hugo,' 'The Artist' lead Critics' Choice Movie Awards nominations
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The films "Hugo" and "The Artist" lead the pack with the most nominations for the 17th annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards.
The Broadcast Film Critics Association announced the nominees on Tuesday.
The two movies received 11 nominations each, including Best Picture and Best Director. The nominations were one short of the record 12 nominations for "Black Swan" last year.
The other films up for the Best Picture prize include "The Descendants," "Drive," "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," "The Help," "Midnight in Paris," "Moneyball," "The Tree of Life" and "War Horse."
The independent film, "Drive," shifted into high gear with eight nominations in all, including a Best Actor nod for Ryan Gosling.
"The Help" also earned 8 nods, including individual acting nominations for Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain and Octavia Spencer. The film also earned a nomination for Best Acting Ensemble.
"The Descendants" and "War Horse" both collected seven.
George Clooney received three nominations as part of the Best Acting Ensemble nominees for "The Descendants" and "The Ides of March," along with a best actor nomination for "The Descendants." Clooney has received a record 13 Critics' Choice nominations over the years, including the special Freedom Award he received for "Good Night, and Good Luck."
Martin Scorsese, director of "Hugo," will also be honored with the Critics' Choice Music+Film Award at the show.
The winners will be announced on Jan. 12 at the Hollywood Palladium.
award shows, movie news, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 10 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Tankless water heaters becoming affordable
12 min ago