'Modern Family,' 'The Help' lead SAG nominations
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- All eyes will be on the TV show "Modern Family" and the film "The Help" at the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The nominations were announced Wednesday morning.
"Modern Family" received five nominations, including best comedy series and outstanding comedic ensemble performance.
The ABC show also had multiple nominations in the comedic male and female performance categories.
"The Help" received four nominations, including outstanding cast performance in a motion picture.
Viola Davis's heart-wrenching performance as a 1960s Southern maid was honored as one of the best of the year.
Two of her co-stars, Jessica Chastain and Octavia Spencer, also received individual honors from the Guild for their supporting roles in the film.
Other films nominated for outstanding cast performance were "The Artist," "Bridesmaids," "The Descendants" and "Midnight in Paris."
celebrity, award shows, movie news, television, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 31 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)