'Modern Family,' 'The Help' lead SAG nominations
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- All eyes will be on the TV show "Modern Family" and the film "The Help" at the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The nominations were announced Wednesday morning.
"Modern Family" received five nominations, including best comedy series and outstanding comedic ensemble performance.
The ABC show also had multiple nominations in the comedic male and female performance categories.
"The Help" received four nominations, including outstanding cast performance in a motion picture.
Viola Davis's heart-wrenching performance as a 1960s Southern maid was honored as one of the best of the year.
Two of her co-stars, Jessica Chastain and Octavia Spencer, also received individual honors from the Guild for their supporting roles in the film.
Other films nominated for outstanding cast performance were "The Artist," "Bridesmaids," "The Descendants" and "Midnight in Paris."
celebrity, award shows, movie news, television, entertainment
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 14 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 39 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago