McCready's mom wants grandson back in Fla.
FORT MYERS, Fla. (KABC) -- Country singer Mindy McCready's mother wants her 5-year-old grandson Zander back in Florida.
Gayle Inge and her husband, Miochael Inge, said Thursday that Zander should be returned to them.
Ingue is Zander's legal guardian under Florida law. Last month, McCready took the child out of Florida without court permission.
The singer and her son were found in Arkansas.
McCready told The Associated Press that she took the boy because she feared he was being abused at her mother's home. Gayle Inge has denied the allegations.
The boy is currently in the custody of Arkansas child welfare authorities. The Inges say Arkansas shouldn't have jurisdiction over the case and that being away from his Florida family isn't in the boy's best interest.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge 29 min ago
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned 51 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy 7 min ago
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)