McCready's mom wants grandson back in Fla.
FORT MYERS, Fla. (KABC) -- Country singer Mindy McCready's mother wants her 5-year-old grandson Zander back in Florida.
Gayle Inge and her husband, Miochael Inge, said Thursday that Zander should be returned to them.
Ingue is Zander's legal guardian under Florida law. Last month, McCready took the child out of Florida without court permission.
The singer and her son were found in Arkansas.
McCready told The Associated Press that she took the boy because she feared he was being abused at her mother's home. Gayle Inge has denied the allegations.
The boy is currently in the custody of Arkansas child welfare authorities. The Inges say Arkansas shouldn't have jurisdiction over the case and that being away from his Florida family isn't in the boy's best interest.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)