McCready's mom wants grandson back in Fla.
FORT MYERS, Fla. (KABC) -- Country singer Mindy McCready's mother wants her 5-year-old grandson Zander back in Florida.
Gayle Inge and her husband, Miochael Inge, said Thursday that Zander should be returned to them.
Ingue is Zander's legal guardian under Florida law. Last month, McCready took the child out of Florida without court permission.
The singer and her son were found in Arkansas.
McCready told The Associated Press that she took the boy because she feared he was being abused at her mother's home. Gayle Inge has denied the allegations.
The boy is currently in the custody of Arkansas child welfare authorities. The Inges say Arkansas shouldn't have jurisdiction over the case and that being away from his Florida family isn't in the boy's best interest.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 8 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 50 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker