McCready's mom wants grandson back in Fla.
FORT MYERS, Fla. (KABC) -- Country singer Mindy McCready's mother wants her 5-year-old grandson Zander back in Florida.
Gayle Inge and her husband, Miochael Inge, said Thursday that Zander should be returned to them.
Ingue is Zander's legal guardian under Florida law. Last month, McCready took the child out of Florida without court permission.
The singer and her son were found in Arkansas.
McCready told The Associated Press that she took the boy because she feared he was being abused at her mother's home. Gayle Inge has denied the allegations.
The boy is currently in the custody of Arkansas child welfare authorities. The Inges say Arkansas shouldn't have jurisdiction over the case and that being away from his Florida family isn't in the boy's best interest.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2