'Help,' 'Artist' nominated for PGA Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Deep South drama "The Help" and the silent film "The Artist" were nominated for top honors from the Producers Guild of America on Tuesday.
Also in the running for the guild's big film prize, the Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award, were "War Horse," "Bridesmaids," "The Descendants," "The Ides of March," "Hugo," "Midnight in Paris," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "Moneyball."
In the animated movie category, contenders are "The Adventures of Tintin," "Cars 2," "Kung Fu Panda 2," "Puss in Boots" and "Rango."
The awards will be announced at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 21.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
award shows, movie news, entertainment
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school 8 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms 58 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama 21 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'