Nick Cannon hospitalized for 'mild kidney failure'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Mariah Carey's husband, Nick Cannon, is spending the first week of 2012 in the hospital, according to the singer.
Carey tweeted that Cannon, 31, is suffering from "mild kidney failure." His representative confirmed Cannon's hospitalization in Aspen, Colo., where he and Carey were vacationing.
She asked for prayers and said Cannon's situation was "very painful." She later called it a "serious moment that's very tough on all of us."
The two became parents of twins, a boy and a girl, last year.
Cannon's representative had no further information Wednesday about his condition, but said he is still hospitalized.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack 55 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 13 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer 51 min ago
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
40 min ago