Nick Cannon hospitalized for 'mild kidney failure'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Mariah Carey's husband, Nick Cannon, is spending the first week of 2012 in the hospital, according to the singer.
Carey tweeted that Cannon, 31, is suffering from "mild kidney failure." His representative confirmed Cannon's hospitalization in Aspen, Colo., where he and Carey were vacationing.
She asked for prayers and said Cannon's situation was "very painful." She later called it a "serious moment that's very tough on all of us."
The two became parents of twins, a boy and a girl, last year.
Cannon's representative had no further information Wednesday about his condition, but said he is still hospitalized.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal 45 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 11 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour