Michael Jackson's kids to place his prints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Michael Jackson's hand and footprints are set to be immortalized in Hollywood.
On Jan. 26, Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- will place their father's shoes and a sequined glove into the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
The event, which is being produced by the executors of Jackson's estate, is aimed at more than paying tribute to Jackson. A Cirque du Soleil production that features Jackson's music opens the next night.
Jackson died on June 25, 2009, at age 50 from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol. His personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to four years behind bars.
michael jackson, celebrity, entertainment
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 9 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour