Michael Jackson's kids to place his prints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Michael Jackson's hand and footprints are set to be immortalized in Hollywood.
On Jan. 26, Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- will place their father's shoes and a sequined glove into the cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
The event, which is being produced by the executors of Jackson's estate, is aimed at more than paying tribute to Jackson. A Cirque du Soleil production that features Jackson's music opens the next night.
Jackson died on June 25, 2009, at age 50 from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol. His personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to four years behind bars.
michael jackson, celebrity, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC 34 min ago
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84 15 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 32 min ago