Snoop Dogg busted for marijuana cigarettes
EL PASO, Texas (KABC) -- Snoop Dogg was busted at a border crossing in Texas after border agents found several marijuana cigarettes on his tour bus.
Hudspeth County sheriff's office said in a statement that Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was arrested Saturday at the Sierra Blanca highway checkpoint and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor typical in cases involving small amounts of marijuana.
According to the sheriff's office, a border agent smelled marijuana smoke coming from the bus and ordered everyone off so that a dog could inspect the vehicle.
Officials say paraphernalia citations are typically resolved by a no-contest plea and a mail-in fine of up to $500.
In past interviews, Snoop Dogg has said he has a license for medical marijuana in California.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, marijuana, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 11 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis