Snoop Dogg busted for marijuana cigarettes
EL PASO, Texas (KABC) -- Snoop Dogg was busted at a border crossing in Texas after border agents found several marijuana cigarettes on his tour bus.
Hudspeth County sheriff's office said in a statement that Snoop Dogg, whose name is Calvin Broadus, was arrested Saturday at the Sierra Blanca highway checkpoint and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor typical in cases involving small amounts of marijuana.
According to the sheriff's office, a border agent smelled marijuana smoke coming from the bus and ordered everyone off so that a dog could inspect the vehicle.
Officials say paraphernalia citations are typically resolved by a no-contest plea and a mail-in fine of up to $500.
In past interviews, Snoop Dogg has said he has a license for medical marijuana in California.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, marijuana, entertainment
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 42 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 3 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 47 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash 10 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards 56 min ago