Gary Sinise gets OK to throw concert for injured Marine in Temecula
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- After an impassioned plea from actor Gary Sinise, the Temecula City Council has given unanimous approval to allow Sinise and his band to perform a concert at the Town Square City Plaza.
The benefit aims to raise money for injured veterans.
Sinese is known for playing Lt. Dan, a soldier who loses both legs in battle, in the movie "Forrest Gump."
Eight years ago, Sinise formed the Lt. Dan Band as a salute to veterans, raising money and morale for troops.
His specific goal is to build a so-called "smart home" for Cpl. Juan Dominquez. The 27-year-old lost two legs and an arm in a bomb blast in Afghanistan in 2010.
"The city is pouring out their hearts for this brave Marine, who has given so much for us, and people are lining up to support this particular concert and this fund raising effort," said Sinise, who currently stars in TV's "CSI New York."
Tickets go on sale Wednesday for the March 1 concert.
The Gary Sinise Foundation and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation have built several such homes for wounded veterans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, riverside county, u.s. troops, veterans, entertainment
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 18 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 58 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
20 min ago