Halle Berry stalker gets 5 years probation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man accused of stalking Oscar winner Halle Berry has pleaded no contest to the charges.
Richard Franco was arrested last July after the actress reported an intruder outside her Hollywood Hills home three days in a row.
A judge on Thursday sentenced Franco to five years probation but no extra jail time. He had been sentenced to 386 days in jail, but he received 193 days credit for time served, and then 193 days credit for good behavior and work.
Franco is set to be released from jail and will have to undergo psychiatric treatment.
Berry also had a restraining order against Franco for the next 10 years.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)