Winnetka murder suspect makes court appearance
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man accused of murdering a popular soccer player from El Camino Real High School made a court appearance Wednesday.
News cameras were not allowed to photograph 24-year-old Jason Schumann, and his girlfriend, 19-year-old Elizabeth Ibarra. They were facing an unrelated burglary charge.
Arraignment in the murder of 17-year-old Francisco Rodriguez was postponed until Feb. 7.
Schumann is accused of shooting Rodriguez to death outside the victim's family home in Winnetka. Ibarra is a suspect in the murder but has not been charged.
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 56 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 1 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys 38 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis