Katy Perry gets her flirt on at NFL Awards
INDIANAPOLIS (KABC) -- Katy Perry, newly single, is on the prowl, and she may have set her sights on a certain rookie quarterback.
Perry, who was in Indianapolis to perform at DirectTV's pre-Super Bowl party on Saturday, served as a presenter at The Associated Press NFL Awards.
The "Firework" singer flirted with co-presenter Cam Newton saying, " "You'll be the first straight man I've had a photo with in a long time, so live up to it."
The Carolina Panthers star smiled big and replied, "I am."
Newton won the 2011 offensive rookie of the year award.
Perry's husband, comedian Russell Brand, filed for divorce earlier in the year from the singer.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, super bowl, carolina panthers, entertainment
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up 38 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 54 min ago
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card 52 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire 22 min ago
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 12 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model 44 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video) 50 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
46 min ago