Katy Perry gets her flirt on at NFL Awards
INDIANAPOLIS (KABC) -- Katy Perry, newly single, is on the prowl, and she may have set her sights on a certain rookie quarterback.
Perry, who was in Indianapolis to perform at DirectTV's pre-Super Bowl party on Saturday, served as a presenter at The Associated Press NFL Awards.
The "Firework" singer flirted with co-presenter Cam Newton saying, " "You'll be the first straight man I've had a photo with in a long time, so live up to it."
The Carolina Panthers star smiled big and replied, "I am."
Newton won the 2011 offensive rookie of the year award.
Perry's husband, comedian Russell Brand, filed for divorce earlier in the year from the singer.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, super bowl, carolina panthers, entertainment
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 19 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe helps reunite family 1 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds