Katy Perry gets her flirt on at NFL Awards
INDIANAPOLIS (KABC) -- Katy Perry, newly single, is on the prowl, and she may have set her sights on a certain rookie quarterback.
Perry, who was in Indianapolis to perform at DirectTV's pre-Super Bowl party on Saturday, served as a presenter at The Associated Press NFL Awards.
The "Firework" singer flirted with co-presenter Cam Newton saying, " "You'll be the first straight man I've had a photo with in a long time, so live up to it."
The Carolina Panthers star smiled big and replied, "I am."
Newton won the 2011 offensive rookie of the year award.
Perry's husband, comedian Russell Brand, filed for divorce earlier in the year from the singer.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, super bowl, carolina panthers, entertainment
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 45 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 39 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
36 min ago