Randy Travis arrested for public intoxication
SANGER, Texas (KABC) -- Country singer Randy Travis was arrested on a charge of public intoxication outside of a North Texas church.
Denton County sheriff's spokesman Tom Reedy said police arrested Travis early Monday after they found Travis outside of the church with an open bottle of wine.
Reedy said Travis was brought to Denton County jail at about 1:30 a.m. and released six hours later.
The singer, whose hits include "Forever and Ever, Amen," lives in the small town of Tioga near Sanger. He apologized in a statement sent to The Associated Press "for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl."
Travis, who launches a concert tour Friday, says he's "committed to being responsible and accountable."
celebrity, arrest, entertainment
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 14 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue 33 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10