Roseanne Barr on Calif. ballot for US president
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Roseanne Barr's name will appear on the California primary ballot as a Green Party candidate for president.
The comedian had announced Thursday that she would seek the nomination, and on Monday, Secretary of State Debra Bowen announced that Barr is among 24 candidates on the June 5 ballot.
An officially certified list will be released on March 29.
According to a news release, Barr is among three candidates for the Green Party presidential nomination. The Green Party will choose its presidential nominee in July.
Barr supports abolishing the Electoral College and closing foreign U.S. military bases. She says the two major parties aren't serving the American people.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison 2 min ago
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 18 min ago
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
28 min ago