Suspect in El Camino student's murder pleads not guilty
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect in the fatal shooting of a Winnetka high school student pleaded not guilty in court Monday.
Jason Alejandro Schumann, 24, pleaded not guilty to the charge of murdering Francisco Rodriguez, 17. Rodriguez was fatally shot on the front lawn of his residence on January 11.
Schumann pleaded not guilty to a second-degree charge of robbery in an unrelated incident.
A second suspect in the Rodriguez shooting, 19-year-old Elizabeth Ibarra, was also in court and pleaded not guilty to a second-degree charge of robbery.
Schumann is accused of shooting Rodriguez to death outside the victim's family home in Winnetka. Ibarra is a suspect in the murder but has not been charged.
murder, homicide investigation, court case, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)