Suspect in El Camino student's murder pleads not guilty
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspect in the fatal shooting of a Winnetka high school student pleaded not guilty in court Monday.
Jason Alejandro Schumann, 24, pleaded not guilty to the charge of murdering Francisco Rodriguez, 17. Rodriguez was fatally shot on the front lawn of his residence on January 11.
Schumann pleaded not guilty to a second-degree charge of robbery in an unrelated incident.
A second suspect in the Rodriguez shooting, 19-year-old Elizabeth Ibarra, was also in court and pleaded not guilty to a second-degree charge of robbery.
Schumann is accused of shooting Rodriguez to death outside the victim's family home in Winnetka. Ibarra is a suspect in the murder but has not been charged.
murder, homicide investigation, court case, entertainment
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 25 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 18 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 33 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 4 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
1 min ago