LA Zoo's baby orangutan named 'Elka' after Betty White's TV character
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Betty White received a special gift for her birthday. She's now uniquely connected to a baby orangutan at the Los Angeles Zoo.
The zoo's baby orangutan was named "Elka" after White's character on the TV show "Hot in Cleveland." The naming is part of a month-long celebration of White's 90th birthday.
White is co-chairman of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association. One of the organizers said they chose to name the orangutan after White's character because they're both so adorable and cuddly.
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians