Victoria's Secret model, Kylie Bisutti, quits for religion
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Victoria's Secret model has had a change of heart about her high-profile career, and it's all because of her religion.
Kylie Bisutti got her shot in 2009 when she beat out 10,000 women and won the Victoria's Secret model search to become the newest Angel. For the next year, she toured the world and posed for the iconic lingerie company.
But as she was strutting and baring all for the cameras, she said she was struggling inside to reconcile her revealing career with her Christian faith.
So she decided to hang up her wings. She said her body is for her husband alone, and that she doesn't want to teach young girls that it's OK to show so much skin in public.
Bisutti, who began her modeling career at age 14, said she isn't giving up modeling. She said she is just being more careful about what kinds of jobs she takes.
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 13 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)