Victoria's Secret model, Kylie Bisutti, quits for religion
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Victoria's Secret model has had a change of heart about her high-profile career, and it's all because of her religion.
Kylie Bisutti got her shot in 2009 when she beat out 10,000 women and won the Victoria's Secret model search to become the newest Angel. For the next year, she toured the world and posed for the iconic lingerie company.
But as she was strutting and baring all for the cameras, she said she was struggling inside to reconcile her revealing career with her Christian faith.
So she decided to hang up her wings. She said her body is for her husband alone, and that she doesn't want to teach young girls that it's OK to show so much skin in public.
Bisutti, who began her modeling career at age 14, said she isn't giving up modeling. She said she is just being more careful about what kinds of jobs she takes.
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians