Jennifer Aniston newest star on Walk of Fame
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jennifer Aniston received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at a Wednesday morning ceremony.
Hers is the 2,462nd star on the Walk of Fame, and comes just two days before the premiere of her new film, "Wanderlust." The Walk of Fame star was meant to honor Aniston's work in film rather than television.
Aniston's "Wanderlust" co-stars were present, including Malin Akerman and Kathryn Hahn. Comedian Adam Sandler was also on-hand, and in his signature silly fashion, he spoke about Aniston's career.
"She prayed for three things," Sandler said. "To have everyone in the entire world be fascinated with her haircut, to one day star in a movie about an evil leprechaun who kills people, and most importantly, receive a star on the prestigious Hollywood Walk of Fame. Well today, Jennifer, the trifecta is here."
Aniston has already been immortalized with her hands and footprints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
Aniston's fame exploded in 1994 when she was cast as Rachel Green on "Friends," which went on to be one of the most popular comedies in television history. The role brought her five Emmy nominations and an Emmy as outstanding leading actress in a comedy in 2002.
Aniston's film work includes "Then There Was You," "Rock Star," "The Object of My Affection," "Bruce Almighty," "The Good Girl" and her most recent hit, "Horrible Bosses."
Her star is located in front of the W Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 16 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 13 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 23 min ago
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talks 'Duck Dynasty' future 41 min ago