J.K. Rowling working on new novel for adults
LONDON (KABC) -- "Harry Potter" series author J.K. Rowling has a new novel coming out, and it's for grownups.
Rowling has an agreement with Little, Brown in the United States and Britain to release her first adult novel, publishers announced on Thursday. Little, Brown also published the massively popular "Twilight" series.
The title, release date and details about the long-rumored book were not announced. But Rowling's neighbor in Edinburgh, author Ian Rankin, said on Twitter on Thursday that he thinks the book will be a mystery novel.
"Wouldn't it be funny if J.K. Rowling's first novel for adults turned out to be a crime story set in Edinburgh?" Rankin wrote. "My word yes."
Rowling's seventh and final Potter story came out in 2007. Since then, the famed author has said that she was working on an adult book and on a Potter encyclopedia.
Her agent, Neil Blair, would not disclose financial details of the deal but said there had been no auction.
Rowling's novel will be available in both print and electronic formats.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 14 min ago
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 12 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy