Jil Sander creative director leaving label
MILAN (KABC) -- Jil Sander's creative director Raf Simons is leaving the label after a successful 6-1/2 run.
The Belgian designer has been among those rumored to take over as head designer at Dior. The post has been left vacant since John Galliano was fired last year after a drunken anti-Semetic tirade in Paris last year.
Jil Sander spokesman Jonas Falk said Thursday that a new designer would be appointed to take Simons' place soon. Falk said Simons' exit was by mutual agreement. No further details were given.
Simons' last collection for the label will be previewed Saturday during Milan Fashion Week. The 44-year-old was appointed creative director on July 1, 2005.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 1 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 16 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations 28 min ago
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 27 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis