Adam Sandler sets Razzie record with 11 noms
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- "The Razzie Award" nominations are in, recognizing the worst movie features of the year. And one movie appears to be in line for a sweeping victory.
Adam Sandler received a record 11 nominations for the Razzies as star, producer or writer on three 2011 films, including "Jack and Jill," "Just Go with It" and "Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star."
That more than doubled the previous record of five Razzie nominations held by Eddie Murphy for 2007's "Norbit."
He's even nominated for worst actor and actress for that film, in which he plays a family man and his own twin sister.
Along with "Bucky Larson" and "Jack and Jill," worst-picture contenders are "New Year's Eve," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1."
The winners will be announced on April Fool's Day.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
award shows, celebrity, entertainment
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 45 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 17 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought 38 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'