Oscar fashion: Stars red hot on red carpet
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What the stars wore is a big part of Oscar night, and many of Hollywood's biggest names didn't disappoint.
Despite it being a bit chilly outside, the red carpet fashion was red hot. Best actress nominee Michelle Williams sizzled with her bright coral strapless Louis Vuitton gown.
Fellow best actress nominee Viola Davis also rocked a bold color in an emerald green Vera Wang. "Live! With Kelly" host Kelly Ripa said her favorites were Milla Jovovich and Kristen Wiig.
"I loved them. I thought they were really elegant and sophisticated and glamorous," Ripa said.
Fashionistas agreed there was definitely a red carpet theme.
"Biggest red carpet trend I noticed tonight, lots of glistening, lots of shimmering. It looked like the dresses were covered either in jewels or crystals or sequins," said fashion expert Roshumba Williams.
But the biggest talk also included what the dresses didn't cover. Angelina Jolie wore a jaw-dropping split on her Altelier Versace velvet gown and Jennifer Lopez had Twitter abuzz with her plunging bust line.
Some Lopez had a wardrobe malfunction while she presented the costume designer award, but on Monday, her stylist insisted there was no way the dress showed more than intended.
OnTheRedCarpet.com has complete coverage of the Oscar season. Follow @OnTheRedCarpet on Twitter and "Like" On The Red Carpet on Facebook, and download our FREE entertainment news app for the iPhone and iPad.
award shows, academy awards, fashion, entertainment, christina salvo
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks