Mariah Carey returns to stage for 1st post-birth performance
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Mariah Carey made her return to the stage for the very first time since she gave birth to twins last April.
The singer performed for a few hundred people Thursday night at New York's Gotham Hall. The diva downplayed her return saying, "I didn't realize this was a big deal."
The concert was one of four shows Thursday dubbed "Plot Your Escape: Four Concerts. Countless Celebrities. 1 Epic Night," by Caesars Entertainment.
Diddy joined Carey in New York while Lil Wayne and Cee Lo performed in Los Angeles, Maroon 5 and Sara Bareilles in Chicago, and Mary J. Blige and Gavin DeGraw in New Orleans.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, new york, entertainment
- CO school shooting suspect dead - says sheriff 1 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 38 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 37 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Mom with cancer inspires daughter's friend
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'