'Bling Ring' celebrity burglary member pleads no contest
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The alleged ringleader of a series of burglaries at the homes of Hollywood celebrities has pleaded no contest to stealing from Lindsay Lohan and reality star Audrina Patridge.
Prugo is expected to serve two years in state prison. The 21-year-old will also pay restitution to the burglary victims, prosecutors said. He had also been charged with conspiracy and burglarizing the homes of Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton and Rachel Bilson, but those counts were dropped in exchange for his plea.
In October, Rachel Lee- also considered the ringleader of the scheme- was sentenced to a four-year prison term for burglarizing the home of Patridge. A trial is still pending for three other accused members
The ring's members are accused of taking part in break-ins between September 2008 and August 2009. The group allegedly made off with more than $3 million in designer clothes, jewelry and accessories from the homes of celebrities such as Bloom, Hilton, Lohan, Brian Austin-Green and Megan Fox. Director Sophia Coppola announced she is making a movie about the crimes.
City News Service contributed to this story.
celebrity, sentencing, entertainment
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 35 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
16 min ago