'Bling Ring' celebrity burglary member pleads no contest
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The alleged ringleader of a series of burglaries at the homes of Hollywood celebrities has pleaded no contest to stealing from Lindsay Lohan and reality star Audrina Patridge.
Prugo is expected to serve two years in state prison. The 21-year-old will also pay restitution to the burglary victims, prosecutors said. He had also been charged with conspiracy and burglarizing the homes of Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton and Rachel Bilson, but those counts were dropped in exchange for his plea.
In October, Rachel Lee- also considered the ringleader of the scheme- was sentenced to a four-year prison term for burglarizing the home of Patridge. A trial is still pending for three other accused members
The ring's members are accused of taking part in break-ins between September 2008 and August 2009. The group allegedly made off with more than $3 million in designer clothes, jewelry and accessories from the homes of celebrities such as Bloom, Hilton, Lohan, Brian Austin-Green and Megan Fox. Director Sophia Coppola announced she is making a movie about the crimes.
City News Service contributed to this story.
celebrity, sentencing, entertainment
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover