Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie to star in new ABC singing competition, 'Duets'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie and other chart-topping stars are headlining a new ABC show called, "Duets."
The singing competition series will premiere this summer, the network announced on Thursday.
In addition to Clarkson and Richie, Robin Thicke and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles will also be part of the show. The stars will travel across America to look for undiscovered talent to take under their wing. Ultimately, each star will choose two singers to be their duet partners.
According to a news release from ABC, the star and his or her protégé will take the stage together week after week and perform in front of a live studio audience. At the end of the competition, the winning contestant will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
Want to star on "Duets"?
HOW TO APPLY:
Email DuetsCasting2012@yahoo.com. In the subject line of your email submission, be sure to list the star you'd like to partner with. Your email submission should include the following:
- Name, age, occupation, location
- Contact information (phone number and email)
- 2 recent photos
- Brief description of your singing ability and why you want to sing with your specific celebrity.
All submissions become property of the producers and you must be at least 18 years old to participate.
celebrity, tennis, abc, entertainment
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 31 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February 42 min ago
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum 12 min ago
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion 49 min ago
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter