'Dancing With The Stars' gets some soul from Gladys Knight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- R&B singer Gladys Knight has been belting out the hits for decades. Now, the Motown mama is bringing some soul to season 14 of "Dancing With The Stars."
Knight first ignited the music industry in the 1950s and her soulful music touched millions. But this time around all her soul will be on the dance floor.
"It's been a while since I've dressed like this, but back in my early days I used to wear the back out all the time and deep V's and stuff like that," said Knight. "It was always fun and it always made you feel very feminine, and as I matured of course so did my wardrobe."
"It's really fun and it is all about dance," said Knight. You use your legs and you use your feet, and to me it's an asset when they can really see how you're using them so I like it."
With millions of fans and followers, there is one fan who may be the proudest- her grandson.
"He was so excited and I was happy for him, you know he was so proud," said Knight.
"Dancing With The Stars" returns with a two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 19, at 8 p.m. on ABC7.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained 22 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 15 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue 6 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour 27 min ago