'Dancing With The Stars' gets some soul from Gladys Knight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- R&B singer Gladys Knight has been belting out the hits for decades. Now, the Motown mama is bringing some soul to season 14 of "Dancing With The Stars."
Knight first ignited the music industry in the 1950s and her soulful music touched millions. But this time around all her soul will be on the dance floor.
"It's been a while since I've dressed like this, but back in my early days I used to wear the back out all the time and deep V's and stuff like that," said Knight. "It was always fun and it always made you feel very feminine, and as I matured of course so did my wardrobe."
"It's really fun and it is all about dance," said Knight. You use your legs and you use your feet, and to me it's an asset when they can really see how you're using them so I like it."
With millions of fans and followers, there is one fan who may be the proudest- her grandson.
"He was so excited and I was happy for him, you know he was so proud," said Knight.
"Dancing With The Stars" returns with a two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 19, at 8 p.m. on ABC7.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 3 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)