Disney helps veterans with 'Heroes Work Here' initiative
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Walt Disney Company has announced a new initiative designed to help veterans and their families with the transition to civilian life. It's called "Heroes Work Here."
You will see a public awareness campaign that encourages employers across the U.S. to hire veterans.
Disney is committed to providing at least 1,000 jobs and career opportunities to returning U.S. veterans over the next three years and also providing training and other support services.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 8 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 47 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere