Disney helps veterans with 'Heroes Work Here' initiative
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Walt Disney Company has announced a new initiative designed to help veterans and their families with the transition to civilian life. It's called "Heroes Work Here."
You will see a public awareness campaign that encourages employers across the U.S. to hire veterans.
Disney is committed to providing at least 1,000 jobs and career opportunities to returning U.S. veterans over the next three years and also providing training and other support services.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)