Disney helps veterans with 'Heroes Work Here' initiative
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Walt Disney Company has announced a new initiative designed to help veterans and their families with the transition to civilian life. It's called "Heroes Work Here."
You will see a public awareness campaign that encourages employers across the U.S. to hire veterans.
Disney is committed to providing at least 1,000 jobs and career opportunities to returning U.S. veterans over the next three years and also providing training and other support services.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate