'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence picked up the bow and arrow skills she needed for the movie from one of the world's best archers, Khatuna Lorig.
Lorig took time out from competing in the 2012 Arizona Cup to go see the movie. The pair worked together 15 times. The goal was to make sure the archery scenes looked as authentic as possible.
"It was a little hard for me, like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm working with a star.' But she made it easy. She has a very good personality," said Lorig.
Lorig and other archers hope the movie helps increase the popularity of the sport.
Junior archers make up USA Archery's fastest growing segment. Schools, like Arizona State University and University of Arizona, field their own teams.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 57 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 29 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 5 min ago
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)