'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence picked up the bow and arrow skills she needed for the movie from one of the world's best archers, Khatuna Lorig.
Lorig took time out from competing in the 2012 Arizona Cup to go see the movie. The pair worked together 15 times. The goal was to make sure the archery scenes looked as authentic as possible.
"It was a little hard for me, like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm working with a star.' But she made it easy. She has a very good personality," said Lorig.
Lorig and other archers hope the movie helps increase the popularity of the sport.
Junior archers make up USA Archery's fastest growing segment. Schools, like Arizona State University and University of Arizona, field their own teams.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 9 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
10 min ago