'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence picked up the bow and arrow skills she needed for the movie from one of the world's best archers, Khatuna Lorig.
Lorig took time out from competing in the 2012 Arizona Cup to go see the movie. The pair worked together 15 times. The goal was to make sure the archery scenes looked as authentic as possible.
"It was a little hard for me, like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm working with a star.' But she made it easy. She has a very good personality," said Lorig.
Lorig and other archers hope the movie helps increase the popularity of the sport.
Junior archers make up USA Archery's fastest growing segment. Schools, like Arizona State University and University of Arizona, field their own teams.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 8 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 37 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis