'Hunger Games' star Jennifer Lawrence learned archery from expert Khatuna Lorig
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence picked up the bow and arrow skills she needed for the movie from one of the world's best archers, Khatuna Lorig.
Lorig took time out from competing in the 2012 Arizona Cup to go see the movie. The pair worked together 15 times. The goal was to make sure the archery scenes looked as authentic as possible.
"It was a little hard for me, like, 'Oh my gosh, I'm working with a star.' But she made it easy. She has a very good personality," said Lorig.
Lorig and other archers hope the movie helps increase the popularity of the sport.
Junior archers make up USA Archery's fastest growing segment. Schools, like Arizona State University and University of Arizona, field their own teams.
movie news, celebrity, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks